Wednesday, November 27, 2013

A day off.

Ha, I hear you say, it’s always a day off for you two. I know, and I couldn’t agree more. Good, eh.
What I mean is, we didn’t go anywhere today.

Last night's sunset
SAM_7272

Following on from yesterday’s post rambling on about the Ellesmere Canal, here’s a map I’ve come across which might clarify what I was talking about….mapofcanal
Map from http://www.eportwarmemorial.org.uk/localhistory/ellesmereport/1790s/mapofcanal.jpg

Looking back at the Weston Arm from Lockgate Bridge.SAM_7284
The Arm is straight ahead, Frankton Locks and junction to the left and the canal to Maesbury beneath my feet. The flat area to the right was occupied by several buildings, a warehouse, lock-keepers and boat-builders houses, and even a tavern.

We’ll toddle on tomorrow, not quite sure how far though.

Locks 0, miles 0

No comments: