Monday, February 14, 2022

Back in Ellesmere again after waiting out the weather…

Last Wednesday we moved on from Monks Bridge, past St Martins and dropped down New Marton Locks. The locks are planned to close today for around 6 weeks, and we’re not the only ones wanting to get downstream of the stoppage. We stopped for the night below the locks, then moved on to moor less than a mile from Ellesmere.

Below New Marton Top Lock











A brief splash of sunshine on gorse bushes near Tetchill


The weather, dull for the days we travelled, deteriorated rapidly with strong winds and heavy rain deterring me from moving in to the town moorings, so we decided to stay put but I walked in for some essentials on Friday morning. And got wet doing it…

Today dawned breezy but dry so we had a 20 minute chug and moored just on the outskirts of Ellesmere. Just in time, the rain moved in again and it’s been a wet afternoon.

Dull day today


With the forecast as it is we’re planning on pushing on on Wednesday, looking to get tied up ready for the stormy weather that’s supposed to arrive on Friday.

You remember I said I was disappointed that I couldn’t install that extra hard drive in my new Huawei laptop? I finished up having the new 1Tb SATA drive plugged into a USB port to extend the original 256Gb CLIe NVMe solid state drive. I decided that it wasn’t a long term solution, it meant, among other things that the laptop wasn’t portable, with an external drive hanging off a connection cable. So I’ve now installed a 1Tb NVMe SSD in place of the original. That should last a while now. And it was remarkably easy.

Locks 2, miles 10    

No comments: