Saturday, December 17, 2016

The bug strikes…

Our intention was to head up into Stoke today, stopping at Etruria. But we were both a bit sniffly when we went to bed, and this morning we’ve both got full-blown colds, although Mags is considerably worse than me. So we decided to take a day off. We can still meet our appointment with Harecastle Tunnel so long as we’re feeling up to traveling tomorrow, it just means a longer day to get us to Westport Lake. If not, well we’ll get there when we get there…

I forgot to add a couple of pictures on yesterday’s post that were on my phone, taken in Stone before we left.

Following on from my rattling on about Joule’s brewery…

…the front of the warehouse and bottle store on Newcastle Street…20161216_090555

…and the old brewery premises on High Street, now the Co-op.20161216_091448

There were a few market stalls on the High Street, one selling pottery. Well, there had to be, considering where we are. I decided that we needed some new mugs…
20161216_095438



…all with dogs on. The closest I could find to a Beardie was the Old English at the top.


I’ve not been idle, my ageing laptop tends to overheat when on for more than an hour, so I’ve rigged up a spare computer fan on a bracket that will blow a refreshing draught under the unit when required, and I’ve put the Christmas decorations up, such as they are.20161217_161012
Ho, ho, ho!

Locks 0, miles 0.

2 comments:

Carol said...

Sorry to hear that you've both got colds and hope that you're feeling better soon. Look after yourselves and each other. Lots of love xx

Chas and Ann said...

You need to blow the dust out of that old computer! Hope you both get better soon after a rest.