Saturday, July 14, 2007

Horrible day, Friday, rain all day so we stayed put. Moved out today at 09:20, and were through Burton on Trent and at Willington by 13:30. 2 trips to the shops topped up most of the stores, then we had a wait to get on to the services. Away again by 14:30, and moored at Stenson an hour later.

Stenson
A fine bright day, but heavy showers and thunderstorms are forecast for tomorrow, so we’ll be staying here.
We just missed a bit of a drama. A plastic cruiser came out of the marina opposite, veering all over the canal. He hit the side of one boat, then angled across the channel, straight into another. The second collision was on the corner of a window, and pushed it into the boat (without breaking the glass, luckily. There’re double glazed). So there was a bit of a fuss going on, names and addresses taken, of culprit and witnesses. Then the errant cruiser went on his way, and was later reported as being at Burton. It’s amazing what you can find out on the cut.

I forgot to mention, as we got underway this morning, I went to put my specs on (I can’t see so far without them these days) and couldn’t find them. Thinking back, I couldn’t remember seeing them since my episode on Thursday afternoon, so I guess they must have finished up in the canal. We’d moved away from the mooring by the time I’d realised, else I might have been tempted to go fishing. Good job I’ve a spare pair, but these haven’t got reaction lenses so I’ll have to get some more.

Locks 2, miles 9

No comments: