Here’s a selection of weather-related photos…
That’s us, just above Eshton Beck aqueduct
Eshton Beck in spate
And the canal was a bit full, too!
One particularly powerful gust lifted the solar panel on the roof box, swinging it over on it’s frame to leave it hanging over the cabin side. Luckily no damage was done to the panel, but there‘s a small but deep scar on the paintwork. It’s now secured by bungy straps on either side…
This morning dawned bright and sunny, so, after several days of short walks in the bad weather, Meg and I set off for a tramp across the fields.
On the “wrong” side of the canal.
It’s sunny, but the clouds are building…
Grey over Sharp Haw
Eshton Hall, nestled in woodland
Equipment being moved up for work to begin on Barrowford Locks early in the New Year.
We were discussing having a trip to Skipton and back, but the wind on the exposed stretches of canal was making life extremely difficult. There’re several swing bridges to negotiate, a lot of them with no protection from the wind on the landings.
We’re still needing to stay local, I’m waiting now for my physiotherapy appointment. The medication I’m on has reduced my “lump” considerably, and my heel and ankle feel much easier.
I’ve started a course of strength and flexibility exercises of my own, so the physio session will only be to confirm what I’m doing anyway. Then we can head off. We’re going back to Leeds rather than heading on to Wigan. Once the repairs at Bingley 3-Rise are completed (18th December all being well) we’ll be able to get to Leeds, then head for the Trent which will take us back to the Midlands.
We’ll just be dependant on reasonably dry weather to see us past the Aire and the Trent. Fingers crossed…
Locks 0, miles 0