Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Stuck at Selby

Thanks to everyone who’s called or commented to make sure we’re OK. It was a timely move out of York though, wasn’t it! If you haven’t already, take a look at the picture and video linked from yesterday’s comments from Sue and Mike and Maggie.
We were moored just 50 yards (and about 10 feet lower) from there!

It’s been raining here all day, but the forecast looks better for the rest of the week. Even so I reckon it’ll be a while before we can get onto the Aire at West Haddlesey. It’s overtopped the flood banks onto the fields down there. At Castleford it’s over a metre higher than normal and still rising.

Below the lock at Selby the Ouse is rattling alongSAM_3487 Ouse at Selby

I feel sorry for folk who haven’t the opportunity to move their homes, and can only sandbag their defences and hope for the best.

I wonder how much one of these is?SAM_3408
Dutton Commander 4x4

Around £30,000, I think.

Locks 0, miles 0.

No comments: